Tuesday, October 18, 2011

CH. 7 Putting it all together

I have to admit, I really enjoyed reading Leadership Connectors: Six Keys to Developing Relationships in Schools.   I wish I could say that about all the other books we have to read.  Leadership connectors was an easy read, very relevant and put things into perspective the importance in building relationships in schools.   This book gave me an opportunity to reflect on the connectors I am currently doing well and those I need to work on.  Ch. 7 reading was putting all the leadership connectors together: communication, support, safety, competence, continuous renewal, and trust.   I will take the advice in Jeff’s story that his superintendent gave him, “Always remember to think before you speak and act.  You don’t have to always say or do something immediately.  Give it a little thought, determine consequences and reactions, and then respond proactively.”    One day I hope that I too make a positive impact on others as “Jeff” did as a leader.   I will take his advice and remember, “Leadership is all about Relationships”.    Great book and I really enjoyed reading the stories at the end of each chapter.  Now it's time for me to put them all together!

3 comments:

  1. I agree this was a great book with very valuable information to reflect and act on. Leadership is about relationships and knowing how to build and keep them in tact! I agree wholeheartedly with you Irene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Irene,
    I hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I have to agree with you that this book has by far been the best we have read. It provided us the opportunity to reflect on behaviors/relationships that will help us to not only improve our relationships with our colleagues but it will help us to become better leaders.
    Have a great week. See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, a great book. Lot's of reflection, it can develop us into great leaders!

    ReplyDelete