Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Final Blog Post 13

What an adventure the administrative cohort has been!  I have learned a lot and enjoyed real life activities that help prepare me as a future leader.   I understand there is still a lot for me to learn and the only way I'll learn is by getting more involved in administrative positions.  I can’t lie, I was a little nervous going into the culminating interview simulation because my current reality is Physical Education and many of the other teachers have more classrooms and curriculum experiences that me.  I had the opportunity to interview with Corcoran principals and they gave me so very helpful information for me to think about.  Yes, I teach PE but I have also taught in the classroom health and Academic Core, worked with discipline SRC, SAP coordinator, and coach.  I need to use my experience as my focus and present myself as a leader not as a PE teacher/coach.  I almost wish we could have had multiple interview simulations and get advice from different administrators and hear what they are looking for or what they liked.  I really enjoyed EAD 269 and the wonderful instructors who taught me to use my strengths as a future leader.  Wishing everyone the best and hope to see you in the education world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment